Yoga and mindfulness practices provide a safe container to explore healthy connection, co-regulation, and self-nourishment. In this workshop, parents and their children will learn a variety of yoga tools and techniques in a fun and playful atmosphere.
Through a combination of breathing, partner poses, relaxation, and movement, participants will:
- Learn new ways to connect with your child
- Develop a stress-management toolkit
- Understand your child's nervous system (and your own!) and how to use yoga to promote self-regulation and co-regulation.
- Learn energizing and relaxing breathing techniques
- Develop nourishing morning and bedtime rituals incorporating yoga
- Acquire resources to support your family yoga practice both on and off the mat
Who: Parents and children ages 5 and up
Where: 789 Sherman St. Suite 650 Denver, CO 80203
When: Saturday in March 11th, 10:00am-12:00pm
Cost: $65 for each parent/child pair. Additional family members $15 each.
Facilitator: Kara Shaw, LCSW, Registered Yoga Teacher
To enroll contact: Kara Shaw at 720-668-1227
No prior experience with yoga necessary